Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A dream come true.....


Back in September of this year my family and I set off on our first trip through parts of Europe. As you can imagine a family of four travelling from Australia to Europe is not an easy or cheap trip to make but my "husband" and I hadn't had an overseas holiday in 10 years and desperately needed a change of scenery and an escape from our monotonous routines. We felt the kids were old enough at 10 and 8 to enjoy and remember the trip but not necessarily appreciate it lol.


Our choices of destinations included Paris France(naturally), Thessaloniki Greece, Munich Germany and a 2 night stop over in Hong Kong on the way home.
Our main port of call was to stay with my husbands family in a small coastal town 45mins south of Thessaloniki on the Halkidiki penninsula, Greece. My husband (Jim) was born there and his parents still have property in his birth town. After 16 years together I was finally able to see this beautiful place I heard so much about, but more on that later...


Our Itinerary went as follows.....Paris (1 week), Greece (5 weeks), Munich (4 days), Hong Kong (2 days). Including flying time this was a 7 week holiday therefore 5 of the 7 weeks the kids were graciously pardoned from school (the other 2 were national holidays). We all agreed that this was a highly educational adventure for the children and life experiences like this are the best kind of education.


This pending adventure was certainly shaping up to be a dream come true....







No comments: