Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The two that got away and the one that didn't...

As part of my daily blog check I always look to see what masterpieces my two favourite artists have created. Back in march Anna from ABT introduced me to the very talented Janet Hill and I immediately fell in love with her paintings of interiors, clothing and portraits. I dedicated a post about my favourite of her paintings and I just had to add these two recent masterpieces to that list. I tell ya, you gotta be quick if you want one of her pieces, they sell quicker than a blink of the eye. I wished I had been quicker with these two......Absolutely lovely!!
(above images courtesy of Janet Hill Studio - The evening picture)

(image courtesy of Gail McCormack)

Fortunately for me I was lucky enough to snag the original of this stunningly beautiful painting by my other favourite artist and new friend Gail McCormack, affectionately named "Girls in Paris". After I've had my custom frame made I'll post more pictures.

I'm am thrilled and completely smitten with these lovely ladies. I've been a fan of Gails work for many years especially her trademark shabby roses. Again, you've got to be lightening fast as her pieces sell instantly. It's exciting to see Gail branch out from her usual but still stunning style and paint other interests. This is my second purchase from Gails collection. My other is another of her experiments, a rooster, which I adore however quite contradictory as I have a real rooster in my yard who is driving me crazy and am actually counting down his last days till he ends up on my dinner plate LOL ;)

Someday I hope to add to my art collection from these brilliant women with the ultimate vintage roses original from Gail and the ultimate lady portrait from Janet.

If anyone knows of any other artists with a similar classic style I'd love to be introduced :)




3 comments:

Millie said...

How much I've enjoyed these beautiful paintings Anna & what joy they obviously bring to you - they have certainly gone to a good home.

Thank you for the comments you left on my Please take a Seat! post. The memories of your favourite chairs are so precious, thanks so much for sharing them. The comments left on that post have been amazing & so endearing.
Millie ^_^

Alison Gibbs said...

Both wonderful artists. I love Gails work and her roses are gorgeous
Alison

annechovie said...

Beautiful work by both Janet and Gail!