Friday, May 23, 2008

New friends :)

Bloglandia is just full of surprises everyday. I have been so fortunate to have been introduced to some incredibly beautiful blogs over the last few days and I'm so excited about them I had to spread the word.
The House That A-M built is a wonderful blog by a Queensland mum and online boutique owner who takes us on a journey as her family builds their dream home. I am proud to say I even unexpectedly offered some inspiration for this endeavour :)
Her inspiration pics and ideas are absolutely beautiful and....well....quite inspirational really lol :)
The image above came from A-M's blog, originally from a furniture store in London comically called 'And so to bed'. I am in awe of it's beauty, including the bedding. I just wish I could somehow enlarge the picture to screen size.
(A-M's online boutique, a visual feast of girly goodness)


Lily-G is another brilliant Australian designer and I've now decided my new mentor lol :)
Again based in Queensland (All my favourite designing women and their boutiques are in QLD...I seriously need to move! lol), Judy has a wonderful wonderful french country inspired furniture and homewares store and her blog showcasing her wares as well as pics and subjects that inspire her is a place to marvel and in my case, be educated on the beautiful world of design.
After months and months of searching for the perfect wallpaper for my bedroom feature wall I found this stunning duck egg blue damask paper by Anna French at Lily-G's. Like I said, the blog world is full of surprises.
(Judy's website is positively too die for, definately have a peek)



Last but not least I'm sure almost everyone from Australia would know who Shannon Fricke is due to her outstanding work as leading interior designer on the lifestyle channel.
I have only recently discovered her blog thanks to Anna Spiro and I LOVE IT!
Again perfectly inspirational and educational, Shannon posts about the latest and greatest products and ideas and definately keeps you well informed about what's new and hot in the design world.
I especially wanted to make mention of a post Shannon featured on this new up and coming childrens clothing label called Paperwings.
The extremely talented people behind this label are graduated set designers from NIDA (National Institue of Dramatic Art) and the sets these children are featured in on their website are stunning. I am smitten with the frame swing!
Unfortunately the sizing range looks to be too small for my children borderlining teenagehood so I hope they do broaden their demographic. Their website and collections are simply adorable and incredibly alluring.

7 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

GORGEOUS! That bed is GORGEOUS!

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh thank you for the mention. I am so excited to have found your blog. How wonderful that you are studying interior design - we will all learn heaps from you! A-M xx

lily-g said...

Thank you so so much for the mention and we love your blog too!I'm about to wallpaper my bedroom wall in Anna french damask paper so before you do it, I'll let you know how it looks and post you a piece of the wallpaper, just email me you address, Its great meeting you :)Judy

Millie said...

The wallpaper is just divine, so stylish - thanks for the link, I'm sure I'll spend far too much time on Anna's site!

Geisslein said...

What a wonderful, nice and inspiring blog do you have! I am so excited and happy, that I have found it before a few minutes! Looking forward to get more and more inspiring for my little house! :o)
have a very nice day
greetings from germany
geisslein
http://creative-geisslein.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love that bed, it is so grand, and certainly makes a statement!Wish I had the room....
Sue
P.S Thankyou for letting me know about the junkyard, I'd love the address, it looks like heaven!

Topsy Turvy said...

What beautiful images!
-Lana