Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am head over heels in LOVE!

Today I took myself off to my local designer curtain and upholstery store to search for fabrics and to my complete surprise and sheer delight I found out they also stock wallpaper. Now I know I'm 2 years late but I almost squealed when I discovered this breathtaking fabric & wallpaper called birdcage walk by Nina Campbell. I remember seeing the image below online through the Osbourne and Little website thanks to the wonderful Shannon Fricke :), but I couldn't imagine how stunning it actually is until I saw a large sample. The fabric is even more beautiful. I ordered some samples and I CAN'T WAIT till they arrive and I add them to my inspiration board. I absolutely HAVE to make something with this fabric, it's just too gorgeous to ignore.



Now I have a problem though. I originally wanted a subtle wallpaper to give a little pattern and texture to the wall and layer it by hanging some beautiful artwork over my bed. Now I'm so in love with this birdcage wallpaper I'm thinking about using this as my feature wall which means I will be unable to hang my artwork. I took a large sample of the paint I'm also using and it matched perfectly. Oh what to do?!

Here are some other samples I have ordered. I have a feeling the top one will be too green.

This paper is called Alyssa and it is a favourite. I just hope it comes in a duck egg colour.

I haven't ordered a sample of this one but I think it's gorgeous.



This paper is a little more on the contemporary side but I'm broadening my horizons a little lol.

(Sophia wallpaper http://www.sandersonfabrics.co.uk/acatalog/Monsoon.html)

I also had to show this image of another stunning wallpaper I found. I don't want my little girl to grow up too fast but this is the kind of pattern and colouring I would love her teenage room to look like , and it even bears her name! hehe :) I love the mix of rose pink, gold, cream and the silvery paper. So classically feminine, traditional and yet still you could encorporate some contemporary pieces.




8 comments:

Ness Lockyer said...

Oh Anna, you poor flower! You will be so confused soon. I am also a perfectionist and struggle to pick the right choice at times. I have found the more you look, the more confused you get! lol. I hope you find what you want out of your samples. Ness xx

The House That A-M Built said...

OMG I LOVE them all! The Sophia I would use in my great room, the Alyssa in a duck egg blue, yes please, and that birdcage walk... be still beating heart. A-M xx

Millie said...

Oh Anna, such difficult decisions! I can feel a 3 panel screen coming on using your gorgeous fabric - tucked in the corner of your bedroom. Or an ottoman perhaps, tufted of course!
Millie ^_^

vicki archer said...

Go with your first instinct - always works for me. If I have too many choices I am lost and never seem to be able to make a decision.

Anonymous said...

These images are so pretty. I especially love that last one. Thank you for sharing.

Porchlight Interiors said...

Such a dilema, they are all so gorgeous! I agree with Vicki though, stick with your first choice and you won't go wrong.

Villa Anna said...

Thank you Vicki and Amanda, Thats exactly what I'm going to do. I will definately have to buy a couple of metre's of the birdcage fabric for future projects though...If it's still available.

Anna :)

Anastasia said...

SO pretty...too hard to choose just one favourite!