Thursday, January 24, 2008

Busy times...

(A local historic museum and the kids in front of the old van of Harry's cafe du wheels - a very famous Sydney landmark)


(A park across the RAAF)


(My trashed living room! lol)


As most of you probably know, it's summer time down under in Oz and the schools are on their annual summer vacation time (only one week left thank god lol). My kids are at home with me during this time 24/7 and I have to admit they're driving me nuts lol. Although I live in a family friendly neighbourhood I feel my children are too young to be wandering around the streets with their friends getting into mischeif so it's up to me to be their entertainment. Entertaining children can be a costly exercise so we've been doing alot of bike riding at the park, swimming at friends and turning my family room into an aeroplane lol. The last couple of days we visited an historic museum and drove out to the Royal Australian Airforce base to watch the planes. Basically the last few weeks have been all about the kids.

Having said that I did manage to sneak off to a couple of concerts this week for my favourite band in the world - Bon Jovi!!! They haven't toured down under for 10 years so we were well and truly due! My friends and I had a blast! Absolutely outstanding! They completely blew me away. A wonderful escape from reality lol.


Coming back to reality we were hit with the news the next day of Heath Ledgers death. I didn't know him personally but I was definately a fan. Like everyone else I'm saddest about the fact that we'll never see just how many more phenomenal performances he would have given and I'm sure an Oscar was imminent. RIP Heath, you will be missed.


My family and I are heading back to our lake house for the long weekend as a final family break before the kids go back to school so I'd like to wish all my fellow countrymen and women a very Happy Australia Day! Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - Oi, Oi, Oi. Hehe ;)

When I return I know I have ALOT to catch up on and I can't wait! I hope you all are well...take care :)

No comments: