Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jean Harlow and old movies...

(Marilyn Monroe as Jean Harlow)




(Dinner at eight)





Isn't she fabulous?! Don't you just love her?! Don't you just love Dinner at eight?! I hadn't watched this movie for ever so long but after buying my new copy of Romantic homes magazine and seeing the darling Jean Harlow - Dinner at eight picture in the back, I was prompted to hunt the movie down and watch it again.

Those sets are so over the top yet absolutely fabulous! I adore old movies. My favourites are Hitchcock thrillers - especially Rear Window. My very favourite onscreen siren is Grace Kelly but I also love Marilyn flicks - who doesn't? lol ;) Another favourite is Doris Day in Pillow Talk.

I guess you could say I have a thing for blondes? lol

If you have any suggestions for ultimate vintage movies with fabulous sets please let me know :)






(how gorgeous were the 50's sets?)


p.s Aussie's, Romantic homes march issue is now available. I purchased mine at Borders. There's a feature on the gorgeous home of beautiful Sara Duckett of the Sadie Olive blog :)

(image courtesy of Sadie Olive)


pp.s I thought I'd treat myself to a little pressie from Ebay this week to add to my very own "cabinet of curiosities", and it just arrived in the post...weeeeee aren't they cute? hehe ;)



5 comments:

blah said...

Anna - that picture of jean in that fluff - fluffy shawl, fluffy carpet, flufish dressing table - I love it ! Fluff fluff fluff!:-)

Alkemie said...

Old movies are absolutely Great!! These are gorgeous photos.

Felicity hahahhaa Fluff fluff fluff.

So true :)

Material Girls said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog! I must say that I have quite an obsession with Audrey Hepburn and have been meaning to somehow do a post on her and design for a while now! Love the post. You have great taste- your pictures are so elegant- completely my style!

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Hi Anna, how funny is this, I have just found your lovely blog and spotted those little poodles!! They look so nicely settled in their new home :0)) Found your link on another bloggers favourites and didnt realise it was you until I popped in for a visit. Looking gorgeous!
Alicia ~ time worn style
PS. must duck out and get that latest romantic homes, looks like a good one!

CMB said...

I just happened to stumble across this blog while looking for a "Red Dust" film still. I'm a huge Harlow fan as well. I can think of two other really good Harlow decor movies, "Wife vs. Secretary" and "Redheaded Woman"-both feature very luxe interior design. Cedric Gibbons was responsible for the lavish sets, including Kitty Packard's luscious white on white boudoir-as well as many other movies at MGM.