Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Beautifully Bohemian Interiors of Tracy Porter...


I was recently introduced through one of my favourite blogs, Liberty Post, to the wonderful world of Tracy Porter! I know, I know you're all thinking "My God woman! Do you live under a rock?!" And rightly so. I honestly hadn't heard of Mz Porter until this week and now I am sooo glad I have!





Her style is a wonderfully romantic force of eclecticism and bohemia with a touch of French grandeur and chinosierie.




Mz Porter dabbles in pretty much everything from fashion including shoes and jewellery, furniture and one of her great specialties - hand painted earthenware.





and all this colour and style come from a humble studio in Wisconsin, USA :)






I don't know about you but I love mixing an element of chinoiserie with French pieces just like the Parisians have done for centuries. I believe Tracy Porters whimsical wares are a beautiful start.

You know I have a penchant for hand painted pieces and those dark bamboo chairs are too die for!!!!






My mother collects hand painted earthenwares so I can definately see myself purchasing a TP piece for christmas as well as perhaps a little somethin somethin for moi! hehe.

The beauty is the pricing ranges from pieces under $100 AUD to over $4000. A little loveliness for most budgets.



This would have to be my favourite and probably one of her most popular tabletop collections - Artesians Road.

From the website -

Tracy Porter Artesian RoadDream With Your Eyes Open.

A hand-painted blend of European and Oriental motifs in bold and vibrant colors. Sculpted bamboo trim and sculptural peacocks bring out the exotic nature of this gorgeous and elegant ceramic pattern. The extensive collection includes dinnerware, accessories and bakeware. "Dare Yourself to Dream," Tracy Porter.


This bowl must be rare cause I am unable to find it anywhere. How heavenly is this image? I'd love to frame it!

For Australian Tracy Porter online purchases visit here!




9 comments:

Country French Antiques said...

Bonjour Anna,
She does have some funky stuff.
Her products are sold in the US exclusively from CBK.
Their website is www.cbkhome.com
They could tell you what retailer would have the vase you like.
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

So much beauty, so much color! *sighs* :)

sandra/tx said...

Tracy Porter is a very talented artist and designer. Her pottery used to be available at a big box store in the states called Target. Don't know if they still carry it, though.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Love it all! All!

Miss Kris said...

Hi Anna! I agree with Shawn, It is Beautiful & funky! I love it all!!! I wish I could be a little more Bohemian.

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Hey Anna,
I think I must have been under that rock right there with you, first time I have seen Miss Porters wares & only one word comes to mind WOW! Love your blog.
Have a great day

Lyn xoxo

vicki archer said...

the rock is turning into a boulder - can i fit under too! love the pottery xv

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

When I grow up I want to be just like Tracy Porter. Thank you for the mention. You're a doll! xo

Unknown said...

great post! i searched her website and cannot find the teacups with the candles in it. is that from another designer? i would love to buy those as presents!
xoxo