Monday, November 17, 2008

Latin style...

I'm working on a new project that I'm extremely excited about and these are just a few images I'm drawing inspiration from.


These beautiful and colourful interiors all come from my new favourite book Latin Style by Juan Carlos Arcila-Duque.


As a pastel lover myself it's so fun and refreshing researching and sourcing more bold colours. This is a complete change from everything I've done till now and quite a challenge but I'm certainly up for it.

Once again, my scanned pics just doesn't do these incredibly beautiful rooms justice. The bedroom in the first pic I could stare and dream at for hours. It actually reminds me alot of the bedroom in the "Australia" movie I posted last week.

If any Sydneysiders know of any boutiques specializing in Latin/mexican style I'd be very interested and appreciate the heads up. This kind of decor as I'm discovering is not so readily available down under as opposed to Balinese/Asian. As I always say, thank God for Ebay lol.

5 comments:

Celia said...

Well, I am not so near Australia but all thse pics reminds me so much of my mom's. I'll send you some pics I have from her house and maybe I can send you some similar thigns from here.

Pineapple Villa said...

Ooh la la...tell us more. Re Australia...i just cannot wait to see it, am busting! Mel xxx

Velvet and Linen said...

It's always fun to try something new!
I love your inspiration. Love the iron beds in the first image. The four woven chairs in the last picture with that fantastic ceiling. Great fabrics too.
I hope you take us with you through your design process. Sorry, I'm not much help with shops down under, but I have faith that you will pull this off with your usual flair!
I can't wait to see what is next.

xo
Brooke

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Love the photos, especailly that bedroom, how WOW is that. Great post as always.

Lyn xoxox

~j~ said...

Oh Anna, you would find soooo much in my town for your project, of course I live in the heart of this style, our city is inclined towards homes that have that type of look as well as beachy and shabby. Good luck with your project!
xo
julia